Reflected Cross Site Scripting in Search Functionality of Module Library in pandorafms/pandorafms
Oct 26th 2022
Hope you are doing well.
I have found a reflected cross site scripting vulnerability in search functionality present in the module library section.
What is reflected cross site scripting?
Reflected cross-site scripting (or XSS) arises when an application receives data in an HTTP request and includes that data within the immediate response in an unsafe way.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add below given xss payload in the search functionality present in module library section & hit search.
- Payload will be executed. Now copy the url & share with the victim user.
- Payload will be executed in victim users browser if he/she is authenticated.
Proof of Concept
Payload Used = "><h1><u><i>lol123</i></u></h1><script>alert(document.domain);//
Impact of this vulnerability is
- Perform any action within the application that the user can perform.
- View any information that the user is able to view.
- Modify any information that the user is able to modify.
- Implement security headers such as X-XSS-Protection, CSP for added layer of protection.
- Proper input validation and sanitization should be performed.
- Proper output encoding should be performed.
Hi @admin, any update on this report?
Only maintainers can resolve reports not admins. We're sending reminder emails as you see and if they don't respond we encourage you to gently nudge them via other channels :)
The pandora team is pretty responsive, they should be here any day now.
Thank you for the update.
Fixed in v767 version, Pending to get CVE ID.
Let me know once the cve Id is reserved for this issue...
Hi Team, This issue is fixed. Also, the cve reserved for this bug is published.
@admin please check and close this issue.